Monday, March 2, 2009

listen

Sloooowing doooown . . . living in the moment . . . listening . . . and appreciating the “mundane”. These are some of the positive things that are being revived in my life right now.

When I was at my job, I could not enjoy cooking. I was hungry when I came home from work and would normally throw together one of my boring “regulars.” Now during the day, I think about, “what am I going to cook for dinner?” And I have time to be creative, flip through recipe books, and learn new meals. And as long as I start cooking earlier so I’m not starving, I can slow down the cooking process and actually enjoy it. I used to think, “I’m-so-hungry-and tired-I can’t-wait-until-I’m-done-cooking-so-I-can-sit-in-front of-the-TV-and-eat-this-food!” Now I think, “I am . . . cutting this carrot. . . What a beautiful carrot! . . . .Now I am . . . . chopping this zucchini. . .What a beautiful zucchini!”

I like getting to know this new way of being. I have time during the day to think about people I love and wonder what they’re doing. Last Monday, my chiropractors came into my mind and I started praying for them. I thought to myself, “They’re in labor right now. They’re having their baby,” and so I started prayed harder. A few days later I found out, that I was right; they had their baby on the exact day I was praying for them.

My energy worker thinks that ESP is going to be used a lot more in the very near future. Whether you call it Intuition, ESP, or the Holy Spirit, it’s nice to have time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment