Tuesday, March 3, 2009

venture to the rose garden

Today around 4:00 I felt the urge to walk to the rose garden. It looked like it was going to start raining again so I’m not sure why I heard a voice tell me, “Go to the rose garden!” But the voice was persistent, so I layered on my clothes, grabbed my umbrella, and ventured to the neighborhood garden.

To my delight, two huge and handsome wild turkeys met me at the entrance! They had shiny feathered coats and were eating some peanuts someone had thrown at the base of a tree. I said hello and watched them eat from no more than five feet away. I told them they had little heads and big bodies. They told me I looked funny too, especially with a big black thing above my head. I told them it was an umbrella and they asked what it was for. I told them to keep the rain off me of course! They looked at me, and shook their feathers, showing me that the rain just slides right off THEIR shiny rainbow coats. I told them I was not so lucky to be born with feathers. They looked at me with pity. I quickly changed the subject to that of the peanuts they were eating and how they looked like they tasted good. They agreed that they were delicious, and all three of us seemed relieved to find something we all could relate to.

So anyways, thanks for the nudging, Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment